10 more great facts about cats
1. Cats use their lips and nose to sense temperature.
Their bodies have low sensitivity to temperature which is why your cay may sit so close to a fire it may singe its’ fur.
2. Cats can see in light so dim that scientific instruments struggle to detect it.
3. Cats sleep for 70% of their lives.
4. The world’s largest cat measured 48.5 inches long.
5. Owning a cat can reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack by a third.
6. Female cats are typically right-pawed while male cats are typically left-pawded.
7. Cats have a longer-term memory than dogs; especially when they learn by actually doing rather than simply seeing.
Basically, cats have a lower social IQ than dogs, but can solve more difficult cognitive problems when they feel like it.
8. Cats have 1,000 times more data storage than an iPad.
9. Cats only sweat through their foot pads.
10.The Egyptian Mau is the oldest breed of cat.
Charlie says “are gingers the friendliest type of cat?”