How clever is your cat?
Charlie says never underestimate your cat.
Charlie can run faster than Usain Bolt!
Charlie says: ” Try this quick test with your cat”.
- Place a piece of wool or string on your cat’s back.
Cat moves fur – 1 mark
Cat removes string by many method – 2 marks
2. Place a feather 2-4″ in front of your cat (4-8cm).
Cat touches feather with nose or paw, chews feather – 1 mark
Picks it up with paws – 2 marks
3. On the floor move a pencil slowly towards your cat.
Cat touches pencil with paws – 1 mark
Cat touches the pencil with same paw more than once – 2 marks
4. Stroke your cat around the mouth.
Cat closes eyes or shakes head – 1 mark
Cat licks the mouth -2 marks
5. Touch your cat gently on her/ his back
Cat shakes or ripples the fur – 1 mark
Cat licks the spot touched – 2 marks
very clever = 8-10
quite clever 6-7