Locking your cat flap is essential to keeping your pet safe and secure.
Sureflap Cat Flaps are a great way to do this. They offer advanced security features that make it easy to control who can enter or exit the house.
With their microchip technology, only cats with registered chips can access the door.
Manual locking options also control when and how often pets come in or out!
Here’s what you need to know about setting up Sureflap:
It takes just minutes – all you need is four AA batteries (not included) and a screwdriver.
Then follow these simple steps:
- Install – attach the frame into place using the screws provided
- Program – register each chip number on preparing an app
- Lock/Unlock – use either a remote key fob or manually lock from inside
- Enjoy peace of mind knowing that no unregistered animals can get through!
I love my SureFlap because it keeps unwanted visitors away, and its sleek design also looks nice.
What Is A Sureflap Cat Flap?
A Sureflap Cat Flap is a pet door designed specifically for cats.
It uses microchip technology to identify your cat and only allows them access into the house, keeping out any unwanted visitors!
The flap can be programmed with up to 32 pet microchips so your furry friends can come in and out as they, please.
Here’s what you need to know about this fantastic product:
- It has an adjustable timer which allows you to set when it opens or closes.
- The 4-way locking system gives owners complete control over their pet’s movements – allowing entry/exit, exit only locked shut or open 24 hours.
- An optional collar tag (sold separately) provides additional security if needed.
- An integrated tunnel helps keep draughts at bay while providing easy access for cats entering and exiting the home.
- Plus, its weatherproof design ensures durability even during harsh conditions outside!
With these features combined, sure flap cat flaps provide peace of mind knowing that no uninvited guests will enter your home while giving freedom and independence back to our beloved feline companions!
Why Do You Need To Lock A Sureflap Cat Flap?
Locking a Sureflap Cat Flap is essential for keeping your pet safe and secure.
It prevents unwanted animals from entering the home, such as:
- Wild cats.
Plus, it stops other pets in the neighborhood from coming into your house!
Furthermore, locking a cat flap can help to keep strays out of danger by preventing them from wandering off or getting lost outside.
Additionally, you have multiple cats at home. In that case, this type of lock will ensure that only authorized felines can enter – no uninvited visitors allowed!
Finally, with its advanced microchip technology and easy installation process (no wiring required!), there’s never been an easier way to protect both you and your beloved furry friends when they come indoors after their adventures outdoors.
So don’t forget – always lock up those Sureflaps securely before letting your kitty explore again!
How To Lock Sureflap Cat Flap With A Key?
Locking your Sureflap Cat Flap with a key is easy!
- Purchase the optional lock for your cat flap – this will come with two keys and all necessary installation materials.
- Install the lock onto the frame of your existing cat flap, following instructions carefully to ensure it’s secure and fitted correctly in place.
- You may need some tools such as screwdrivers or drills depending on what type of door/wall material you have installed (wooden doors require different screws than metal ones).
- Once installed, use one key to unlock the latch mechanism from inside so that cats can enter free when needed – make sure they know where their personal entry point is!
- To keep unwanted visitors away – insert the second key into the outer part of the locked device, then turn clockwise until a click sound is heard, indicating successful engagement.
How To Lock Sureflap Cat Flap Without A Key?
Locking Sureflap Cat Flaps without a key is easy and convenient.
Here are the steps:
- Install batteries in your cat flap, following the instructions provided with the product.
- Download the free app to your smartphone or tablet device from either Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS).
- Connect it to a Wi-Fi network using the details supplied on the packaging.
- Register an account for yourself by entering your email address and password of choice.
- Add cats you wish to control access through this door – each will need their own microchip number entered into the system.
- Set up ‘Access Schedules’ if desired – these allow you to set times when particular cats can enter/exit the house, e.g., during nighttime only.
- Finally, select the ‘Lock’ option within the settings menu, which prevents all animals from accessing the property until manually unlocked again via the same method!
This means no more worrying about lost keys as everything is controlled remotely now instead!
How To Set Up And Change The Lock Code?
Setting up and changing the lock code is easy.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Choose a secure, unique combination of numbers or letters for your new lock code.
- Avoid using easily guessed combinations like birthdays or addresses.
- Enter this combination into the keypad on your device (e.g., phone, laptop). Make sure it’s entered correctly!
- Confirm that the new code has been accepted by entering it again to unlock your device/locker.
- To change an existing lock code, enter a different set of characters when prompted at the login screen – make sure they are securely stored somewhere safe so you don’t forget them!
- Finally, remember not to share any personal information about yourself online. This could be used maliciously against you if someone could access these details from another source, such as social media accounts.
What To Do If The Lock Malfunctions?
If your lock malfunctions, there are a few things you can do to try and fix it.
- Check the batteries in the device. If they’re low or dead, replace them with fresh ones.
- Ensure all the components (keypad/knob) are aligned and connected securely.
- Inspect any visible damage on both sides of the door frame for signs of wear and tear, such as rusting or corrosion, which could be causing an issue with the unlocking mechanism itself.
Finally – if none of these steps work – contact a professional locksmith with more experience dealing with this problem than you!
They’ll be able to diagnose what’s wrong quickly and efficiently so that you don’t save time trying different solutions without success!
Additional Security Measures For Your Sureflap Cat Flap?
Additional security measures for your Sureflap Cat Flap can help keep unwanted animals out of your home.
Here are some tips to consider:
- Install a microchip reader – this will only allow cats with registered chips to access the house, keeping other critters away.
- Use an RFID collar tag – these tags work with the cat flap and provide extra protection against intruders.
- Add motion sensors or cameras – they’ll detect movement outside and alert you if something that shouldn’t be there is trying to get through.
- Utilize timers – set specific times when the door opens/closes so it’s not open all day, inviting any animal inside.
- These additional security measures ensure that only authorized pets have entered your home while providing peace of mind knowing no uninvited guests are getting in!
In Conclusion: How To Lock Sureflap Cat Flap?
Locking a Sureflap Cat Flap is an easy and effective way to keep your cats safe.
It’s simple, secure, and reliable – you can be sure that only the right cat will enter or exit through it!
With its advanced technology, such as RFID tags for identification of each pet in the household, and selective entry control settings, which allow access to certain pets at specific times of day/night.
Plus, additional features like curfew mode – locking out all animals during set hours.
That product offers excellent peace of mind to protect our furry friends from harm.
All these benefits make Sureflap one of the best choices on today’s market for those looking for a quality cat flap lock system!